Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sarung Banggi sa higdaan nakadangog ako...


SARUNG BANGGI SA HIGDAAN NAKADANGOG AKO...

The Bicol’s famous classical love song never left my memory since I was in grade school. Our teacher then gave us homework of translating the Bicol love song to English language.

..NIN HUNI NIN SARONG GAMGAM

I asked favor from our bicolana neighbor to help me in my assignment and she wholeheartedly granted my request. At first, I was doubtful of the thing she’s started writing, I thought the song is all about the adventure of some bicol legendary hero.

...SA LUBA KO KATURUGAN

As she went through my homework, I began wondering of the story that is now being impressed on me by the English translation. I never thought that the song would be such plain, simple and serene…






No comments: